fredag 13 augusti 2010

Tjena,

My name is Martin Berg and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I am 20 years old and have, as long as I can remember, had an intense interest in birds, wildlife and photography. In addition to birdwatching, I am very attracted to adventures and spend as much time as possible in the outback. Example on journeys I have done are hitch hiking for weeks halfway around the Mediterranean Sea, trekking and climbing in the Indian Himalayans, the Pyrenees, Arctic Norway and sailed over the Atlantic Ocean.


For three years I have been studying natural science with concentration on biology, upper secondary school, in Stockholm. Parallel to my studies, I have also done much work for bird observatories in Sweden and United Kingdom where I mostly have been ringing birds and done careful inventories. I am member in the Swedish ornithological society which is cooperating with Birdlife international. Side by side my studies I have been working as a waiter and crew member on a sailing ship. For the moment I have just finished the military service in Sweden (which is a duty for all men in Sweden). I have served in the amphibious core which is identical to the Royal marine core in United Kingdom and is extremely physical and mentally demanding.

As a person, people around me regard me as humble, hardworking and kind person that love to explore new cultures and environments.

I hope that you will enjoy my blog and I will do my best to keep it up to date during my adventure through South America.



All the best

/Martin

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar